1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spigot

Discussion in 'Development Resources' started by md_5, Jun 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. md_5

md_5

2. Wulfspider

Wulfspider

Completely invalid statement. It uses the same dependencies as the original CraftBukkit.
  3. md_5

md_5

Yeah, because in every CraftBukkit++ build that has been the case. Among others I seem to remember having to deal with people having issues with Essentials etc due to changes in the Guava version.
    Not saying thisis currently the issue but it has been in the past.
  4. Wulfspider

Wulfspider

That was because of a mistake. It still uses the same versions as the original CraftBukkit. Therefore, invalid statement. ;)
    Silentnate likes this.
  5. Dockter

Dockter

This is such a load of crap I dont know where to even begin. Your complaining about Afforess, whos currently working on a project that is way more important than CB++, that he's taking to long, to fix Bukkit's mistakes which your not paying for? Did I just about cover it all there?

Plugin compatibility has got ZERO (0.0) affect here. We've been using CB++ since build 3. Never, not once have we ran into a plugin compatibility issue, ever. We are currently running 81 plugins on our server.

Sounds to me line you dont have a proper developer environment to test (development) builds before you put them on your server, thats your error, again, dont blame the dev who your not paying.
  6. Wulfspider

Wulfspider

Why are you quoting me? :p

I don't use the builds. I just update the pom to make it readable and clean. The issues that md_5 described were a mistake at one point. User's should be testing in a development environment just like you say though before going live.
  7. Dockter

Dockter

I mis-quoted u when I was trying to quote him.
  8. Wulfspider

Wulfspider

Also, I've tried to keep the versioning the similar, but that doesn't really matter unless a plugin checks the version string. Most of the time you just have to disable the plugin checking anyway for those.

Afforess never meant for CraftBukkit++ to be a big project, and he's stated many times that he only updates it when he is able and that it's only a personal project used for HeroCraft.
  9. md_5

md_5

Again Wulfspider I thank you for your informed posts.

As you have pointed out in the last sentence I would just like to point out to all the haters here that CraftBukkit-- was a personal project for EcoCityCraft.
  10. Dockter

Dockter

Call me a hater I guess, I dont like people complaining about a project they are not paying for, be grateful as I am.
  11. md_5

md_5

See the CraftBukkit-- donation button?

Oh there isn't one. I don't really plan to put one there either.
  12. Grinch

Grinch

Good luck with this md_5. ;)

You can put mine there instead if you like haha.
  13. Wulfspider

Wulfspider

No worries, the purpose of CraftBukkit++ was to basically do what the original CraftBukkit wasn't doing. Afforess is going to let md_5 do that from now on and focus on Spout projects instead. :)
  14. md_5

md_5

15. darkcloud784

darkcloud784

• Friendly Warning: This post walks a fine line between opinion and insults...
    I'm in agreement with Dockter, personally I think your just an egomaniac md_5 Every post I see of yours is flexing your epeen and attempting to make yourself look great. Hey thats just what I've noticed though. Afforess was awesome enough to provide us with a bukkit version that wasn't bloated, its not like it was his main project, he was just doing it to help out the community.
    XemsDoom likes this.
  16. Olloth

Olloth

Let's not have personal attacks please. We will be moderating this thread since it appears to already be a source of strong opinions.
    andrewkm and md_5 like this.
  17. andrewkm

andrewkm

So I guess I should make a post here.

I have absolutely nothing against Afforess/CB++ - I have used his project before it was even hosted on the spout jenkins, before it was even made public in the first place and I have always been very thankful for it.

The entire reason I requested md_5 write up a minimal version that can include all cb dev changes as easily as possible was due to the recent severe duping issues. CB++ was vulnerable for quite some time / on both counts of the dupe bugs; while CB dev fixed them quite fast.

Afforess himself has tons of projects he works on and I simply started feeling quite bad jumping all over him to constantly fix this, fix that, add this CB change, add that one, etc. (Everytime I asked to have something fixed; dont get me wrong it was fixed quite fast and I thank him for that - Im just sure deep down he may have gotten just a tad bit tired with the project at times due to the complexity of it.)

Md_5 offered to help and created a very minimal version with afforess' growth changes and a few others, that very easily can be updated with CB's changes. (Something afforess would have to spend quite some time to do as he mentioned it all needs to be done by hand now due to the size of the CB++ project and how big it got) - and with all his current projects going on - this would take up too much time that can be used elsewhere.

We highly thank Afforess for starting up such an awesome project - and I've supported it since day one (Financially as well). However with all the recent stuff going on with minecraft / spout / etc, im sure he would much rather focus his time elsewhere - rather then be constantly hassled by us to update CB++

Oh and PS: We at EcoCityCraft have been using Md_5's version for many weeks now; and are still running at 200/200 users with 20tps and no issues. (Just incase anyone is wondering how this will perform).
  18. Kainzo

Kainzo

Herocraft and EcoCity are friends - just wanted to point that out :p

Oh, just wanted to point out, I fully support cb++ and would much rather unify any projects than create yet another server mod :p

Eitherway, <3 Afforess
    NinjaGrinch likes this.
  19. Kainzo

Kainzo

Also - you mentioned an auto-updater - does that mean it'll try to update or check the build status of the current CB-- ? If so that may pose problems to multiple servers that have advanced DDOS protection or UDP completely closed.
  20. md_5

md_5

By auto updater I mean at a source code level, not server level.
    lenis0012 and tyzoid like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.