1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paint_Ninja

Paint_Ninja

Local Time:
    8:25 PM
    Hey guys. Today I've decided to make a post telling all those people how to make a Bukkit server that works with Spout plugins at the same time. I hope this helps!

How to make a Spout-enabled Bukkit server
    OK. So there's a few steps on how to make a Bukkit server that works for all Spout legacy plugins. But I'm gunna do this step-by-step.

Step 1: Download the Bukkit server files from here. You will want the recommended version in most cases. Save it to the desktop for now.
    Step 2: Make a new folder called anything you want. (I called mine "Server")
    Step 3: Drag the Bukkit java file from your desktop that you downloaded in step 1 and place it in the folder you made in step 2.
    Step 4: Now, there's two ways of running the server now it's partly installed. On first run it will install everything it needs in the same folder.
    -The first way is simply running the Bukkit jar with Java 6/7, however you won't be able to stop it (as far as I know) without shutting down the PC it's running on and also you can't use the console.
    -The second way is to download the file I have supplied below for either Windows or Linux. Sorry Mac users!

Click here to download for Windows
    Click here to download for Linux Debian (Ubuntu, Lubuntu, Linux Mint...) NOT FEDORA!

Once you have downloaded the file just run it with administrator permissions on Windows or Open in Console on Linux and vuala! Full console, you're able to use commands and see chat etc...
    Step 5: Install the Spout plugin. Right then, now you have a full Bukkit server working, you're almost there now. All you have to do now is install the Spout Plugin for Bukkit to allow Spout Legacy Plugins to run and work properly! Simply download the plugin here. Once you've downloaded it put it in your server file you did in step 2 and inside that folder put it in the plugins folder.
    Step 6 (OPTIONAL): You're done! But you want to do something with that Spout plugin and your server now don't you? So why not? You can add extra functionality that works with any client even normal Minecraft by downloading some plugins from here. Just drag the plugins into the plugins folder like in Step 5 and it's installed! What about special Spout plugins? Do the same but use those shown here.

Any questions just ask me. If you find this tutorial confusing etc check out GreatAndRandom's tutorial here!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
  2. PvM_Iain

PvM_Iain

Local Time:
    7:25 PM
    Nice tutorial.

To make the steps easier to read, take them out of the spoiler. :)
  3. BioRage

BioRage

Local Time:
    2:25 PM
    I prefer if "Bukkit" was removed.

Change it to
    1) "How to make a Legacy Server"
    2) "How to make a Spout Legacy Server"
  4. Wulfspider

Wulfspider

Local Time:
    Better as "Setting up SpoutPlugin with CraftBukkit" or "How to make a Spout-enabled Bukkit server". It still has tto do with Bukkit.
  5. Paint_Ninja

Paint_Ninja

Local Time:
    8:25 PM
    Done!

Done!
  6. PvM_Iain

PvM_Iain

Local Time:
    :)
  7. kitskub

kitskub

Local Time:
    1:25 PM
    Maybe this should get moved to resources or something besides off topic?
  8. Wulfspider

Wulfspider

Local Time:
    It's an old thread that I'd rather not use.
  9. thehutch

thehutch

Local Time:
    You know running the server without the batch script doesn't make it run forever and only way to turn off is to shut down your PC. You could just go into Task manager and end the javaw.exe process :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.